"A Leader in Forensic Peer Support"
Culture-2-Culture Peer Support
a Community-Based Recovery and Wellness Project
Culture2Culture is a PA Licensed provider of mental health and co-occurring disorder Peer Support Services. We have adopted and facilitate our services in accordance with the PA Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services definition of recovery;
"Recovery is a self-determined and holistic journey that people undertake to heal and grow. Recovery is facilitated by relationships and environments that provide hope, empowerment, choices and opportunities that promote people reaching their full potential as individuals and community members."
Culture2Culture Mission Statement
Our mission is to support the unique, transformative recovery process of the individuals we serve with relational dynamics based in grass-root peer support principles in order to encourage, equip and empower our participants, and enrich their lives in a way that promotes self-advocacy and inclusion in the community for which they choose to be invested and involved.
Culture2Culture Vision Statement
Our vision will forever live in the pursuit to illuminating limitless human potential by earnestly and personally engaging in the facilitation of peer support services with excellence and a profound commitment to education, hope and love.
Introducing the Culture2Culture Online Mental Health Screening
Please click on the image below to enter the C2C Online Mental Health Screening Tool, a service of MHA
Peer support is “a system of giving and receiving help founded on the key principles of respect, shared responsibility, and mutual agreement of what is helpful. ”Mead, Hilton, and Curtis (2001)
- Provide opportunities for individuals receiving services to direct their own recovery and advocacy processes;
- Teach and support acquisition and utilization of the skills needed to facilitate an individual's recovery;
- Promote the knowledge of available service options and choices;
- Promote the utilization of natural resources within the community;
- Facilitate the development of a sense of wellness, self-worth and effectiveness
- Assist participants in articulating their personal goals; identify potential outcomes and challenges, and provide support as identified by the participant.
- Assist participants in creating and maintaining a personal Re-Citizing Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) and Intentional Transformative Processing Strategy (ITPS).
- Provide trauma-informed peer care to support the elimination of learned behaviors that interfere with re-citizenship.
- Assist with community treatment, resources and establishing and/or maintaining healthy natural support systems.
- Eliminate the over-representation of individuals with mental health and substance use disorder that are involved in the criminal justice system.
- Eliminate the high and increasing numbers of recidivism involved with individuals with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Assist in identifying, and supporting participation in mutual self-help support groups
Based upon the fundamental principles of recovery, Peer Support Services are specialized therapeutic interactions conducted by self-identified current or former consumers of behavioral health services who are trained and certified to offer support and assistance in helping others in their recovery and community-integration process. Peer support is intended to inspire hope in individuals that recovery is not only possible, but probable. The service is designed to promote empowerment, self-determination, understanding, coping skills, and resiliency through mentoring and service coordination supports that allow individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders to achieve personal wellness and cope with the stress and barriers encountered when recovering from their disabilities.
Peer support is designed on the principles of consumer choice and the active involvement of persons in their own recovery process. Peer support practice is guided by the belief that people with disabilities need opportunities to identify and choose for themselves their desired roles with regard to living, learning, working and social interaction in the community. For this reason, the agreement of the individual to receive services is critical.
On an ongoing basis, individuals receiving the service are given the opportunity to participate in and make decisions about the activities conducted. Services are self-directed and person centered with a recovery focus. Peer Support Services facilitate the development of recovery skills. Services are multi-faceted and include, but are not limited to, individual advocacy, education, development of natural supports, support of work or other meaningful activity of the individual's choosing, crisis management support, skills training, effective utilization.
C2C Core Values
Is our priority
Is our advantage
Is our passion
Is our purpose
Our Core Values are the driving forces in our pursuit to creating a "Values-Driven" organizational culture, which inevitably produce beneficial outcomes.
C2C Guiding Principles
"We Are Authenticity"
"We Are Connectivity"
"We Are Empowerment"
"We Are the Evidence"
Our Guiding Principles provide us with a mental map to pursuing and creating beneficial peer-to-peer relationships.
"Our principles guide us in discovering the dots that beneficially connect rather than just connecting dots....." (by; E.L.P.)
"We promise to provide support in creating memorable and meaningful experiences"
"We promise to provide supportive relationships based on trust, respect and mutual understanding"
"We promise to provide support in a fashion that creates empowerment"
"We promise to provide support in a way that promotes personal connections"
"We promise to provide support in a way that influences personal growth and advocacy"
"We promise to provide support in exploring, examining, exposing and equipping person-centered transformative recovery"
"We promise to provide support that will transform the lives and cultures of our participants"
"We promise to hold and treat each individual with the highest of regard while protecting their integrity, freedom and rights"